May 18, 2023 - Seven student-athletes from Canyon High School, Canyon Lake High School and Smithson Valley High School signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level during the final signing days of the year this week.
Surrounded by family, teammates, coaches and friends, these athletes celebrated this milestone with balloons, hugs, handshakes and lots of photos. This day represents a culmination of years of early morning and late-night practices, lessons, wins and losses.
From CHS, two student-athletes signed letters.
- Cade Becker, baseball, Dallas Christian College
- Sam Ortiz, baseball, Concordia University
From CLHS, one student-athlete signed a letter.
- Aiden Ramirez, cheer, Texas State University
From SVHS, four student-athletes signed letters.
- A.J. Breault, track, University of Texas, San Antonio
- Sophia Goodwin, cross country and track, Swarthmore College
- Kaden Leonard, baseball, Schreiner University
- Christopher Pentecost, golf, Belhaven University
-Canyon High School student Cade Becker signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Dallas Christian College.
-Canyon High School student Sam Ortiz signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Concordia University.
-Canyon Lake High School student Aiden Ramirez signed a letter of intent to cheer at Texas State University.
-Four student athletes from Smithson Valley High School signed letters of intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level. Pictured from let is Sophia Goodwin, A.J. Breault, Kaden Leonard and Christopher Pentecost.